Everyone loves Jellybeans, from children all over the world to the inner kid in every adult. There is just something about these little beans (which seem to take on every possible shade of the colour spectrum) that evokes feel-good vibes when you shove a fistful of it into your mouth.
The Jellybean Factory 's range of products never seem to stay on our shelves for long. All their beans are GMO, gelatin, fat and gluten free, which makes them even more irresistible.
Besides the classic Gourmet Mix , do try out the new flavours available - Berry Burst Gourmet, Tropical Bonanza, Cocktail Gourmet !
Here are 10 fun facts about Jellybeans:
- While no one really knows the origin of jelly beans, they may be a descendant of Turkish Delight which were popular in biblical times.
- They use a process called “panning” which creates the hard outer shell while preserving the gooey middle.
- In the early 20th century, a “jelly-bean” was slang for a man of style and no substance.
- They were the first candy to be sold by weight rather than by piece.
- They were originally sold by color and people would buy a bag of red or a bag of green.
- The jelly bean is associated with Easter because of its egg-like shape.
- Each year in the U.S, there are 16 billion jelly beans manufactured just for Easter. This is enough to circle the Earth more than 3 times if they were laid end to end.
- They were President Reagan’s favorite candy and he used them to help him quit smoking when he was the governor of California.
- A precursor to the jellybean was advertised as early as 1861 as a candy gift for soldiers fighting in the Civil War.
- April 22 is National Jelly Bean Day in the USA.